Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon in room EDU 316 on USF Tampa.
Attendance & Introductions. Nine members, including six members of the Chapter Council, and one guest.
President’s Report. Paul Terry is doing better. Discussion of upcoming grievances.
Election Committee Proposal. We will need a new member of the Committee as Teri Simpson has stepped down. The proposed schedule is as follows:
- Call for nominations out asap.
- Deadline for joining UFF USF for participation: February 28.
- Deadline for nominations: March 7.
- Letters with codes to be mailed: March 17.
- Voting: March 20 – 30.
- Officers and representatives assume their positions: April 1.
The election will be conducted online.
- Motion to approve the proposed election schedule. Motion passes.
Grievances. The website will have prominent stuff about grievances, with a readily accessible form for emails to be forwarded to the Grievance Committee. The Grievance Committee will organize the process for handling grievances. The union will prominently advertise its Informed Representation Policy that only UFF members are represented by UFF in grievances.
Bargaining. Last week, UFF and USF presented proposals. The meeting for today was cancelled at the last minute by USF, and the two teams are scheduled to meet on Friday, January 31, at 2 pm.
The next Chapter Meeting will be on Friday, February 7, at 11 am, on USF St. Petersburg, in a room TBD.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 28 January 2014.