Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon in room EDU 161 on USF Tampa.
Attendance & Introductions. Thirteen members, including nine members of the Chapter Council, and three guests, from AFSCME and UFF-GAU.
President’s Report. UFF USF Chapter President Paul Terry suffered a stroke on November 18, and UFF USF Vice President is absent, to the meeting was chaired by UFF USF Chief Negotiator Bob Welker.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Grievances. Discussion of outstanding grievances.
- Membership. Discussion of travel grants.
- Communications. Discussion of UFF Biweekly.
- Bargaining. Discussion of current bargaining.
- Motion to elect an Election Committee to propose an election procedure to the Chapter and then, receiving the Chapter’s approval, conducting the election. The election committee shall consist of Katerina Annaraud, Sherman Dorn, Steve Lang, and Teri Simpson. Motion approved.
- Paul Terry has performed valuable services to the UFF USF Chapter, and the University of South Florida, for many years.
- The Chapter is deeply moved and wishes him well.
- The business of the Chapter will continue. Vice President Art Shapiro will serve as acting president for the remainder of his term, with the support of the Executive Committee, the Chapter Council, and the membership.
Discussion of common concerns with AFSCME and UFF GAU.
- The USF BOT has made several proposals for adjusting sick leave practice; the different unions face different proposals. Discussion of the Family Medical Leave Act.
- AFSCME expressed its appreciation for the joint meeting.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 25 November 2013.