Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon in room EDU 161 on USF Tampa.
Attendance & Introductions. Eleven members, including nine members of the Chapter Council.
Minutes. Motion to accept the October 25 minutes approved.
President’s Report. Discussion of financial situation.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Grievances. Discussion of outstanding grievances.
- Membership. We will have a meeting at the Embassy for new faculty members.
- Communications. Discussion of USF finances.
- Bargaining. Discussion of bargaining status, USF finances, summer school, tenure & promotion. When T & P guidelines are produced for USF Tampa, they will not come into force for a year unless approved by UFF per CBA 15.4A . Observations by the UFF USF Chapter President, and entered into the minutes by unanimous consent:
- The current 1998 USF T & P guidelines were approved by the Board of Regents as guidelines for the entire SUS.
- USF is the only state institution that has not revised T & P guidelines from the 1998 legacy language.
- The new guidelines revised at USF Tampa following proposals from the USF Tampa Senate shall apply only to USF Tampa.
- The USF System Faculty Council is not discussing system-wide T & P guidelines at this time.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 13 November 2013.