Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon in EDU 150 on USF Tampa.
Attendance & Introductions. Eleven members, including eight members of the Chapter Council, and two guests.
President’s Report. Issues:
- The legislative session starts on March 5, and will be a priority. We will be sending faculty to Tallahassee.
- Bargaining Committee is making plans.
- Meeting with the Vice Provost.
- The Provost has charged the President of the USF Tampa Faculty Senate to launch an ad hoc committee on tenure and promotions.
- USF Lakeland continues teach-out while faculty move to USF Tampa and FPU continues to absorb resources.
The Budget. The following budget for the 2012 ? 2013 fiscal year was proposed by the UFF USF Chapter President:
- Membership & Outreach. Travel, 2012 rebates, and meeting expenses: $ 30,000.
- Travel Reimbursements. State UFF meetings, regional campus meetings, national meetings: $ 5,000.
- Office supplies. $ 500.
- Printing / flyers / newsletter. $ 10,000.
- Postage / postal services. $ 2,000.
The total is $ 47,500. The anticipated income is $ 40,000 (UFF rebates in 2013). There is a carry-forward from 2011-2012 to cover the difference.
- Motion made and seconded to approve the budget. Motion passed.
- Grievances. The grievance clock has restarted, the Vice Provost having returned to town. Discussion of outstanding and upcoming grievances.
- Membership. Discussion of plans for this coming semester.
- Communications. The Biweekly is having broadcasting issues, which are being reviewed by the Communications Committee.
- Bargaining. Discussion of articles in the CBA.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- The Election Committee presented details of the election to the Chapter. The election will be conducted on VotingPlace.Net. The primary deadlines are February 15 (for nomination, and to join the union for eligibility to run or vote) and March 1 ? 10 (the voting period).
- Flyers. The first few flyers will review the evaluation process, in particular, Articles 10.4 and 9.3B of the CBA, and reminder to enter data into Vita-Bank. The flyer on 10.4 will appear first.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 11 January 2013.