Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon at CDB Restaurant.
Attendance & Introductions. There were fourteen members present, including ten council members, and three guests.
Minutes. June 15 minutes approved.
- President’s Report. USF Lakeland is officially shut down tomorrow, although the teach out is to continue for up to three years.
- Treasury. We are solvent.
- Communications. The Biweekly is to be reformulated.
- Grievances. Discussion of outstanding issues.
- Bargaining. Discussion of proposed Memorandum of Understanding for USF Poly faculty on tenure track.
Presentation by former USF Professor Wes Johnson, candidate for Florida State Senate seat # 17.
- Dr. Johnson grew up in Depression era, his parents did not go to high school, and yet he was able to gain an education because of opportunities provided by the government. He is running because he believes that education provides opportunities for individual advancement while strengthening the economy.
- Motion of the Executive Committee: that the UFF USF Chapter recommend to appropriate union bodies that the union endorse Wes Johnson for Florida State Senator # 17. Motion approved unanimously.
Good of the Order. Discussion of the procedure approving the MOU.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 30 June 2012.