Time & Place. The Chapter Meeting was held at 12 noon in EDU on USF Tampa.
Attendance & Introductions. There were 21 members, including ten of the eighteen members of the Chapter Council, and two guests.
Minutes. Minutes of 27 January 2012 meeting approved.
Presentation by Michelle Young. UFF’s affiliates offer a number of legal, phone and internet, insurance, and other benefits for members. For some recent examples, see:
- Save 15 % on AT & T monthly wireless
- AFT + Chase on mortgages
- Inside Access coupons
- AFT + NEA joint brochure on benefits
- Union Plus benefits
- AFT + Metropolitan term life insurance
- Treasury. We are solvent. An abstract of expenditures for the 2010 – 2011 fiscal year has been posted on-line.
- Membership. Discussion of membership campaign.
- Communications. Discussion of PHP broadcast system. There will be a UFF Biweekly Extra broadcast over the weekend on the recent bill to abolish USF Polytechnic.
- Grievances. Discussion of outstanding grievances.
- Bargaining. Discussion of bargaining plans.
- Tenure & promotion. The ad hoc committee will soon prepare a survey.
- Retirement. Discussion of Senate Bill 2024.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on 11 February 2012.