Attendance & Introductions. There were eleven members in attendance, including ten members of the Chapter Council, sufficient for a quorum.
Minutes. 28 August 2011 minutes approved.
- USF-Poly. The Executive Committee has asked to be on the work group studying the status of USF-Poly. We have not received a response, and will pursue the matter.
- Reception. There will be a reception for new and continuing faculty and professionals on October 4 at USF-Tampa at 5:30 pm at the Embassy Suites in Salon F.
- Treasury. We are catching up with rebate checks.
- Communications. The Biweekly broadcast was delayed by a security-related glitch, and we will be working with our host company and USF IT to develop the broadcasting system.
- Grievances. Seven outstanding grievances.
- Bargaining. Discussion.
- Ad Hoc Committee on Tenure & Promotion (chaired by John Noonan): we have heard from reliable sources that bills modifying or eliminating tenure in some or all of higher education in Florida are being considered by legislators.
- Ad Hoc Committee on Education Legislation (chaired by Steve Permuth): currently organizing the committee.
Health Care. Some USF employees may be caught in problems involving the elimination of one of the two alternative HMOs.
UFF Senate Next Weekend All senators are asked to register or send proxies to Greg McColm.
Breakfast with the NEA president. The president of the NEA will be having breakfast in Orlando on Wednesday morning. Steve Permuth will represent UFF USF at that meeting.
Intellectual property rights at USF. Discussion.
These minutes respectfully resubmitted by G. McColm on 10 September 2011.