Attendance. Twelve, including eight members of the Chapter Council, insufficient for a quorum.
Coalition of Immokalee Workers.Representatives made a presentation on conditions of employment of tomato workers, and its Penny for a Pound campaign to pay an additional penny for each pound of tomatoes to increase tomato worker wages.
- Motion that the USF Chapter of the UFF encourage all members of the Bargaining Unit to participate in the March 5 march in downtown Tampa, sponsored by the Coalition of Immokolee Workers. Motion approved unanimously.
- Motion that the USF Chapter of the UFF donate $ 200 to the CIW. Motion approved unanimously.
Protests in Wisconsin.
- Motion that the USF Chapter of the UFF donate $ 200 for the Wisconsin higher education affiliates of the NEA and AFT. Motion approved unanimously.
- Treasury report. We are solvent.
- Political action. We are active.
- Communications. The Executive Committee has approved moving forward with DeftLogic’s proposal to reorganize the website.
- FEA Retired. Discussion
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on February 27, 2011.