There were fourteen people in attendance, including thirteen of the Chapter Council, insufficient for a quorum of the Council.
Minutes & Agenda.
The minutes and agenda were approved.
Current priorities: SB 6 / HB 7189 â€œRelating to Education Personnelâ€, and the cluster of bills relating to the Florida Retirement System, primarily HB 1319, and SB 1902.
Officers and Representatives of the Chapter.
Under Article IV, Section 3 of the UFF-USF Constitution, the Chapter Council consists of elected officers, senators and alternate senators, and committee chairs (although it is not clear if the latter have voting status).
- Following past practice, write-in candidates for Senator were reported as Alternates (when they failed to gain sufficient votes to qualify as Senators). It was proposed that all such candidates be asked if they wish to serve, and those that will be USF employees and give a positive answer shall serve as Alternates and as members of the Chapter Council.
- The following were the results of the spring chapter election:
- The Chapter Officers are: President Sherman Dorn, Vice President Sonia Wohlmuth, Treasurer Paul Terry, Secretary Gregory McColm.
- The Senators are: Kevin Archer, Heide Casteneda, J. Lynn McBrien, Gregory McColm, Patricia McHatton, Jerry Notaro, Eric Odgaard, Victor Peppard, Ella Schmidt, Arthur Shapiro, Paul Terry, Bob Welker, Keith White, and Sonia Ramirez Wohlmuth.
- The Alternate Senators are: David Allsop, Nancy Anderson, C. David Frankel, Susan Hurley, Celina Jozsi, Marvin Karlins, Mark Klisch, Mile Krajcevski, Sang-Hie Lee, William Murray, John Napora, John Noonan, Steve Permuth, Nancy Tyson, and Harry Vanden.
- The FEA Delegates are: Sherman Dorn, Gregory McColm, Jerry Notaro, Eric Odgaard, Arthur Shapiro, Paul Terry, and Keith White.
- The Alternate Delegates are Steve Permuth and Harry Vanden.
- The President shall endeavor to set up meetings of the Council. One may be scheduled for Friday, April 23, at 10 am.
- Treasury: We are solvent.
- Grievances: Discussion.
- Motion made and seconded: that the USF/UFF maximize exposure of the ULP settlement and PERC ruling regarding Dr. Paul Terry to include, but not be limited to, formal notice to all unit employees and all appropriate legal entities on all campuses of USF. Without objection, motion carried.
- Bargaining: Discussion. Requested entry in the minutes: It is requested that each campus be represented by at least one member of the Bargaining Committee. Note: this is a consideration for the Chair of the Bargaining Committee and the Chapter Council.
- Communications:The Communications Committee will be reviewing all aspects of communications, and requests that the Chapter and the Chapter Committees and Council attend to the process.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on April 10, 2010.