There were thirteen people in attendance.
Agenda & Introductions.
The agenda was approved.
The minutes from the December 12 meeting were approved.
We are steadily gaining new members. An initiative was discussed and will be revisited at the next meeting.
Leroy Dubeck’s visit.
Leroy Dubeck will make his presentation on Thursday, January 22, at 2 pm, in Marshall 2001.
- Motion to postpone the deadline for nominations to February 6 made, seconded, and approved; ballot kits will be assembled on February 13.
Discussion of mutual concerns.
AFT Higher Education Conference.
This will be in Miami, March 6 – 8.
- Grievances. Discussion of ongoing grievances.
- Political Action. Discussion of current events.
- Bargaining. Discussion of the bargaining situation.
- Treasury. We have money.
- Communications. There will be a Biweekly Extra next week announcing the new deadline for nominations, the deadline for sabbatical applications, and reminding everyone of Dubeck’s presentation.
These minutes respectfully submitted by G. McColm on January 17, 2009.